Your host, Bryce Henson interviews the man of many talents, Merrick Rosenberg. Merrick is the author of several books about the power of personality including: "The Chameleon" and "Taking Flight." He's the CEO of Take Flight Learning, a training company that has worked with hundreds of thousands of people around the world. He co-founded team builders plus in 1991, along with many other impressive accolades over the years. Merrick shares with us his backstory through college, developing his idea and the trials and triumphs he faced along the way. Learn first hand from this skilled entrepreneur how to distinguish and work with personality types to improve your work and home life.
- 01:09 - Listen along on today's show while your favorite host Bryce Henson interviews the man of many talents, Merrick Rosenberg. Merrick is the author of several books about the power of personality including: "The Chameleon" and "Taking Flight." He's the CEO of Take Flight Learning, a training company that has worked with hundreds of thousands of people around the world. He co-founded team builders plus in 1991, along with many other impressive accolades over the years.
- 02:15 - Merrick shares with us his back story in 1991 while he was working on earning his M.B.A in college doing team building exercises. Hear how simple team building games fueled his excitement and propelled him into his career.
- 03:30 - Listen further for some of the difficulties and triumphsMerrick and his business partner faced while getting started in the team building business.
- 07:50 - Bryce asks Merrick to share how his work developing Team Builders helped him transition into Take Flight and what was the big reason behind it.
- 10:25 - Merrick gives us a crash course into the 4 bird styles that he has developed for distinguishing personality types.
- 15:25 - Bryce wants to know if there is a fast way to figure out someone's personality style without going through the training. See if you can guess along as Bryce and
- 22:15 - Learn about the different types of personality training Merrick offers and the value they apply to different types of companies.
- 25:00 - Bryce asks Merrick to talk about the objective of the Chameleon and what the big takeaways are.
- 29:00 - Hear from Merrick what some of the biggest challenges are that he faces with people just not getting it during training.
- 32:50 - Learn why a company would reach out for team building training and what they are looking for.
- 39:30 - Follow along as Merrick shares how he started teaching his kids the bird's personality strategies at age 6 and how he has just created a children's book to help teach kids about themselves and how to interact with others.
- 49:40 - Bryce's famous Q&A lightning round! Q: What is your zone of genius? A: Creativity. Q: What are you passionate about today? A: Reducing drama in people's lives. Q: What is the best piece of advice that you have ever received? A: Use your strengths but don't overuse them. Q: Book recommendation? A: Marshall Goldsmith's book, "What Got You Here Won't Get You There"
- 53:40 - Find Merrick online at www.takeflightlearning.com , check out his training offerings, shop his books, and learn all about him.
"Use your strengths, just don't overuse your strengths or else they get in your way"
- Merrick Rosenberg
Check out this episode about
Subscribe to our latest podcasts here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc2I2-oiey1NjLEwZJdUdww/about